The NEAR network in review: core technologies and use cases
6 Dec 2022
NEAR offers an optimal mix of high speed, low cost, and seamless scalability, powering unique applications and use-cases for the decentralized web. With functions like a unique sharding technology and an Ethereum bridge, the NEAR network acts as the base layer for over 900 applications and stands out as a competitive solution for use cases in need of high throughput and low transaction fees.
This report centers around the NEAR network's core technologies, projects, use cases, and community-building initiatives to help you assess the value of the NEAR ecosystem in today’s competitive crypto landscape.
Topics covered in this paper include:
- The state of NEAR: history, network decentralization, and key metrics
- Essential developer tools and NEAR’s advantages over other networks
- The technological building blocks and the innovations that make it unique
- Use cases: an overview of six niches, from consumer to corporate and DeFi
- The most important projects enabling interoperability on NEAR
- Potential use cases and future opportunities
- The NEAR community: partners, ecosystem funds, and regional hubs